As valid as I think it may be, it's still just another excuse for why I haven't been able to post more stuff and share things with you! I've been really preoccupied with studying for my Life License Qualification Program course and exam this weekend. I started doing the training program over a year ago while on Mat Leave with Avery - I started studying and then didn't ever take the exam because I ended up pregnant again and not sure how to fit it into my newly chaotic life!
Since that time, they have made it easier to take the study course (it's available in Lethbridge now over 1 weekend instead of 2 weekends in Calgary) and they claim to have a really high "Pass" rate on the exam once people have taken the course. Sooooooo..... what will this enable me to do, you may be asking? Short-term: I'm gaining tons of knowledge on the many different financial options that are available for people in Canada (the different types of insurances, investments, retirement planning, taxation) and will be able to apply it to our own financial needs. It's been great just to feel more educated. I've learned so much already! Long-Term: I'll be able to help others learn what I've been learning, and help them reach their financial goals. There is so much potential for growth, especially now while the economy is so low, and most people don't know how to harness the potential and grow! Want to know more? Be in touch with me! I can help!
So now that I've plugged my cause, I can tell you that it's been quite demanding on my time this week. I've been trying to study and be somewhat prepared for the course so that I can pass the exam - George is watching the girls all weekend for me while I do this, so I want to be sure I'm successful! I go Friday 5-10pm, Sat 9-5pm, and Sunday 9-5pm (writing the exam Sunday afternoon). The study manual is really dry and has lots of info jam-packed in. And online there are lots of practice questions to do. Once I pass the exam this weekend, I have to write a provincial exam at the college at the end of the month - then I will be licensed!
After this weekend is over, I'll be able to let my attention divert to other things....
Sybil!! I'm not sure if you guys still have the same e-mail address or not.... I wanted to let you know that I got your message the other day about the Rain-boots. I deleted it too quick before I could write down your cell phone number, and then it slipped my mind until now! Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you in time, but THANKS for thinking of little Aves! That's so sweet of you! We hear that you are moving into a townhouse for a while. That will be so much better than hoteling it, eh? Well, I'm hoping you can read this at some point and know that we're thinking of you and love you guys. Hope everything is going well at the school for you and the girls!!
1 comment:
Good luck with everything!! You'll do great!
Post a Comment