I was doing her hair and she says "Ow" and starts fussing. I thought I had hurt her by pulling on her hair too hard or something. Then I looked at her and she's rubbing her nose and saying "Ouch!" I look up there and see something green. Not sure if it's a big booger or... no, could it be? Cucumber?! I ask her if it's cuccumber, or a booger and she promptly tells me "TooPumPer". Gah! I tried to pry it out with a set of big tweezers - she only let me try once - no luck. In fact, I'm sure I shoved it farther up her nose. I tried a Q-Tip thinking it might be softer and hurt her less - no luck.
So I'm freaking out now. Don't tell me I might have to take her to the hospital because she MIGHT have a piece of cucumber stuck up her nose. I was still not entirely convinced that it was cucumber. Maybe my power of suggestion had convinced her that it was cucumber and not just a booger.... And my mind starts reeling. We want to leave for the States on Monday - I can't leave a piece of cucumber festering up there for a few days so that it gets infected while we're in the land of Expensive Health Care.
Suddenly it dawns on me..... the Baby Booger Sucker!! So I have to really talk her into letting me try London's booger sucker, but I can't hold down her arms out of the way, and plug her good nostril while she's fighting me. I called George at work, but he was on his way to the house already with some American cash for my trip. THAT was extremely lucky. We held her down on the couch and tried suctioning it out again. On the second attempt while we had her nostril plugged, she snorted it halfway out! It was huge! And only half out! I grabbed it quick and pulled it out..... WOW. It was a giant piece of cucumber!! We were so lucky to get it out ourselves! I shudder now at the the thought of how big the piece was, and how little her nasal passageway is. It could have been bad.
2 comments:
I'm laughing so hard right now!!!
I can't even look at those pictures - they make me want to barf!
Post a Comment