London Drew & Avery James (Aug 2010)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 10: Gord & Penny's 40th Anniversary Party

Brandy had a great idea to plan a SURPRISE anniversary party for George's parents. So, even though the surprise got kind of "foiled" at the last minute, it was a great success! We cooked a Prime Rib Roast with a bunch of fixin's and Brandy did a great Chocolate & Cheese Fondue for snacks later in the night. I wish I had thought to get a picture of the Fondue table. It looked really nice with all the dipping food on fancy tiered platters. Our good friends, the Attwood's, from Nanton came and spent the night. Bill & Syb and the girls were able to make it down on their way to Disneyland. Every bed in the house was full, and our trailer was full too! It was a really fun time and we were really happy with how everything turned out. Even better, though, Gord and Pen were thrilled with it.
Table Decorations....

Decorated Tables.....

Geo cutting the Roast....

Gordon & Penny cutting their cake....

I dressed the girls in their matching dresses that Gord & Penny brought back for them from Mexico. I really wanted to get some nice pictures of them together, but struggled to have them both happy at the same time...

And a great picture of the honored couple!

No comments: