London Drew & Avery James (Aug 2010)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

March 2-7: Trip To Utah

At the end of February, Mom thought we should make a girls trip down to Utah to visit Mark, Hil & Carson. So, as long as the weather stayed good, we planned to go that first week of March. I was nervous about doing such a long trip (13 hours) with 2 little girls, and nervous about doing it without my better half. Geo is definitely my rock when it comes to stressful situations. But Mom filled his shoes really well, and together we kept the girls pretty happy for all the travelling. In fact, Avery & London did REALLY well. London only fussed a couple of times, and it never lasted very long when she did. Avery sang songs and watched movies.... Grandma bought her her own Chapstick, which provided hours of entertainment on the way home. We were so proud of how well the girls did in the car for so long.
We had a great time visiting Hil and her family - Carson is such a big boy! He and Avery played pretty good together. It was fun to watch them share, and then not share... They had the most fun throwing balls around Hil's kitchen!
My 2 favorite highlights were the SwimPark we took the kids to one afternoon and feeding the ducks at the pond in Midway. And I don't have pictures of either! Major Bummer! The SwimPark had really warm water, all kinds of watersprayers the kids could play in, and a Lazy River that floats the kids along and under a waterfall.... It was so much fun. And the ducks! They saw us coming and came out of the pond to meet us. We threw pieces of bread to them and they came pretty close to eat them. Avery just loved it! And I probably loved it even more! It was neat to be so close to the "wildlife" and have the kids get so close. Ok, I think I'm sounding pretty lame as I try to describe why I enjoyed it so much. I guess it's just one of those things.....
While we were down there, Mom helped me trim both the girls' hair. London, especially, needed her bangs cut. They kept hanging over her eyes! We did a pretty good job, I think. I didn't really like it at first, but I did after a day or 2 of getting used to it. Avery didn't want her hair cut at all - not because she was scared, but just because she didn't want her hair shorter. We had to talk her into the idea that it would be better when her hair would stop falling in her face. She sat still really well.

I'm sure glad we got to go, and I'm especially grateful for all of Mom's help: physically and financially. She is such a wonderful Grandma and I love the way she loves her grandkids. Hopefully, as the kids get older, we'll be able to do more productive shopping. It was kind of a shame to be in the land of Outlet Stores and not get to concentrate on shopping. The little kids made it hard for me to look around very much. But there will be lots of time for that later in life. The kids will only be little once! And I'm glad that they got to be together as cousins at this age.

(Post-Haircut Picture!!)

No comments: