I was washing Avery's hands after supper the other night and she showed me a spot on her hand. "I color on mySELF!" Interesting, since I hadn't let her color at all that day. Then I remembered! I had been cooking supper and hadn't seen (or heard) Avery for a while. I assumed (which has definitely made an A** out of me... as the saying goes...) that she was downstairs playing with her toys since T was home and down there watching TV.
So I asked her "Where did you color, Aves? You show me!" She didn't say another word, just led me into my bedroom and into our closet.
"I measure, Mommy! I colored on the wall!"
.JPG)
.JPG)
Did she ever! I couldn't be too mad because it's in a spot tucked away out of sight, and it should be easy enough to paint over. I'm a little disappointed that our measuring marks have been mucked up, but I'm sure I can re-do them. I love how she colored ONLY on the wall - not on the baseboards or the door trim. None on the furniture or the carpet. And the felt pen had the lid put back on and was back on my dresser (where I had thought it was out of reach....) All she had was one little purple spot on her hand. Very Clever, Young Grasshopper. George says I'm not that mad because she did it on my watch. Had she done it on his watch, I would have been furious. I don't believe this theory..... Or I'm in denial.
5 comments:
lol... I was actually thinking as I was looking at the pictures, "At least she stayed on the wall!"
Smart girl!
I've also discovered when I approach "hot topics" in a gentle, relaxed manner the honesty I get from the kids is a whole lot more in evidence.
At least you only have to buy one color of paint. How can you be too mad when she is just so cute about it?
aahhh grasshoppah, no mo qwamping in mommy's wroom wif puppah felt....ohr i get my cousing jackie chan to use his nuh chucks on you
lol... you are so good at that! I tried to spell out "Very Clever, Young Grasshopper" with the accent and just gave up. I couldn't make it work! You're a natural - and I love the Mr Chan reference! Love it
i laughed right out loud first, at the coloring, and now again at hil's comment. i love it.
Post a Comment