And around the corner:
Sudocream EVERYWHERE! And she says to me "Mommy, I a bad girl!"
I just panicked and started shaking... I didn't even know where to start. I called George at work and asked him if he had some time to come home and help me. All I could tell him was "Just wait til you see what your daughter has done." I had her in the tub by the time he got here and the water was already white. I threw away her top because I didn't even want to run it through the washing machine. I'm freaking out about the carpet because I don't have the first clue about how to get the cream off it. George takes Avery and throws her in the shower in our room since the bath is not being very effective. And I tell him he better get her dressed and take her back to work with him because I can't stand the sight of her....
I called my Carpet Cleaning company "A Brighter Day - ChemDry" to see what they suggested I do, and maybe they could come to my house ASAP!? She started talking like Friday was the soonest they could come (this all happened on Monday), but then she called me back and said they could come the next day and he was able to come on Tuesday! Yay!
So the guy scrubbed by hand with his 2 chemical sprays and his scraper tool for almost an hour... and then he brought his power head in to give it the once over. I ended up having him do all the upstairs carpet while he had his equipment all hauled in. Funny point of interest: His toddler son did the same thing with Sudocream at his house!! I'm tempted to call the company and make a formal complaint. Now why wouldn't they make their containers with a screw top so that kids can't take the lid off?!? It's rediculous! If you have to leave your cream in a separate room from the kids, you're likely to not use it at all, right? So I think they have some serious re-thinking to do with their product packaging.
So the carpet looks pretty good now - you can still tell where some of the spots are, but he hoped that over time it would work it's way out. The best part is he gave me 10% off for being a "Valued Customer" and didn't charge me for the stain removal - only charged me for using the power head throughout the upstairs! What a deal! I completely recommend this company to anyone who is in need of carpet/upholstery/tile/grout cleaning! And if you could mention my name when you call them, I'll get a discount the next time they come here! And with this child of mine, I may need them regularly! So we could use all the help we can get!!
3 comments:
Oh
My
Gosh
Thank you for making my day seem THAT MUCH better ;)
Thanks for taking one for "the team" (team mom)
Thanks for not beating your child ... I'm sure her bum appreciates it more than the cream
look at that face... can you say "deep trouble"?
Oh no! ha ha I'm sorry, I know it is so horrible and frustrating but as a mother who has already been through that and can now look back on it....its hilarious (not the carpet mind you, but Avery all white). Kids get into EVERYTHING! I'm glad to hear you (and her) survived.
Post a Comment